This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for a set of complex products or services in the Compliance / KYC space, specifically Fintech clients on a pan European basis. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing client-specific strategic guidance and product overviews.
- Build and execute on sales strategies to meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company’s vision and objectives.
- Lead sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Own the development of business within assigned territories.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Direct Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Build customers’ trust in Moody’s as a ‘trusted partner’ through insightful and client-specific advice leveraging market, product and technical expertise.
- Identify additional products and services from across all Moody’s businesses that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Be recognized as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Lead the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Represent Moody’s as effective external spokesperson for the organization.
- Provide accurate, complete and current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Growing and managing the business by developing a network of new clients and strengthen existing relationships
- Work closely with senior management to pinpoint specific growth opportunities and take the lead in owning the execution and results of the plan
- Identify opportunities, analyse risk/ reward trade-offs. Build business cases, lead and participate in negotiations
- Represent the business at trade shows, conferences and through written submissions leading to journals, newspapers and trade magazines
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations of the Moody’s range of software solutions to our prospect and clients and support team in doing the same
- Interact with clients and contacts at executive level to diagnose challenges and recommend solutions Partner with the wider sales team to build the sales pipeline to promote Moody’s Analytics solutions
- Ideally a subject matter expert or experience of working in a KYC sales role .
- Position requires travel
- Must have proven experience selling compliance and KYC software.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Direct Sales experience, preferably selling to Fintech and/or Financial Institutions
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers’ business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Experience utilizing consultative selling techniques.
- Proven ability of accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in establishing, developing, and maintaining key relationships within accounts, including senior executives, both internally and externally.
- Must be fluent in English and other European languages are preferred
We strive to be a world-class sales organization with our customers’ needs at the centre of everything we do. Our client base ranges from banks and financial institutions to insurance and asset management companies, as well as government institutions and professional services firms. As the bridge between our product teams and customers, we build mutually rewarding relationships that allow us to deliver the best solution for each customer challenge. An organization of motivated, curious, and teamwork-oriented people, we let our passion drive our business forward.