We’re looking for a full-stack Technical Lead to join our fast growing RegTech start-up.
At PassFort, we share a powerful vision to automate financial crime & compliance processes. We enable regulated financial services companies to rapidly onboard customers then manage risk and compliance standards throughout the customer lifecycle.
PassFort’s solutions are designed for the digital economy: hardware-free, affordable, flexible to configure and easy to use, with constant feature innovation and a choice of deployment options. We layer automation to speed up manual processes and remedial tasks that can’t be automated, bringing in compliance teams where they add most value for analysis, judgement and decision-making.
PassFort removes the compromise between compliance and customer experience in the fight against financial crime. More efficiency. Great customer experiences. No compromise.
What you’ll be doing
This role will see you split your time between hands on coding, people management responsibilities, as well as driving the day to day technical operations of the team.
You’ll work with a great modern stack - including ES6 and React on the front-end, and Python and Rust on the back-end. We have a microservice based architecture built on top of Kubernetes and Google’s Cloud Platform.
We empower our team to have ownership across the entire product. You’ll be developing entire features, including technical design, implementation and release. You’ll also have the opportunity to gain exposure across everything from architecture, security and performance, all the way through to feature UX.
You’ll be the main point of contact with other teams, and you’ll be responsible for the technical direction of your team. You’ll work closely with Product and Design teams to shape your team’s roadmap, keep them informed of any technical constraints, and manage the successful delivery of projects in your team. You’ll offer technical mentorship to more junior engineers, while also coding side by side with them, championing code quality, and shipping great features.
As manager, you’ll also be responsible for all the non-technical bits. You’ll manage performance, supporting and empowering your team to be motivated, engaged and at their best. You’ll invest in their development and career goals, providing regular learning opportunities and continuous feedback.
What we're looking for
We like to keep it simple
- People management or technical leadership experience would be a great plus, but for the right Senior Engineer, we feel this could offer a fantastic development opportunity to take on lead responsibilities over the next 6-12 months.
- We’ll be looking for someone who fits well with our company culture and values - Trust, Empowerment and Growth
- Equity! We want you to succeed as we do
- We’re remote-flexible, focussed on output rather than when and where you do the work from (although we do have a great central London location for those that prefer it!)
- You’ll have a Home Office budget to get yourself set up to work from home
- An annual learning & development budget to spend on professional or personal development, we’re invested in both
- Birthday off - relax and put your feet up
- Free access to counselling services through Spill, and subsidised direct access to mental health services
- Discounts to services and products
- Salary sacrifice schemes via Enjoy Benefits: including Cycle to Work and Gym Membership
- Equally Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Shared Leave pay
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday days you can use as and when you prefer
- Unlimited unpaid leave