We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join PassFort, part of Moody’s Analytics fast growing KYC Unit.
PassFort gives regulated businesses the tools they need to automate and digitalise the onboarding, verification and management of their customers - that means customers can be onboarded in real-time, without ever having met in person. Our clients save time and money, reduce complexity and improve customer satisfaction.
Moody’s Analytics’ unparalleled expertise in risk, data and analytics means PassFort is positioned now to serve an even broader range of risk assessment markets (eg. Credit, Cyber, Climate), and empower customers to make better, faster, decisions. We’re on an incredible growth trajectory, and you can have an impact!
What you’ll be doing:
As an Engineering Manager, your mission will be to empower software engineers and support them in delivering impactful work.
You will be a key part of building a great engineering culture at a business that is actively scaling up. We’re planning to double the number of teams and engineers this year!
What does this look like day-to-day:
You will be managing up to 10 software engineers, promoting a culture of trust and growth in your team. You’ll manage performance, supporting and empowering your team to be motivated, engaged and at their best. You’ll invest in their development and career goals, providing regular learning opportunities and continuous feedback.
You will be responsible for delivering projects on time, and at a high standard. As such, you will work with product managers and engineers to plan your team’s roadmap, and you will use your experience to facilitate technical conversations and decision making in the team.
You will drive alignment between functions, and with other teams by communicating well and often.
Your impact will be visible in the continuous growth of the engineers you manage, and the efficiency and quality of the work delivered by your team.
Get in touch if you:
Want to help shape up the engineering management function at PassFort
Are passionate about building a great engineering culture
Want to support the growth of a high performing engineering team
What Tech are the teams working with:
What we're looking for
Invested in the personal development of yourself and others
- A fix the problem, not fix the blame attitude.
- Passionate about managing people with empathy
- Process oriented and well organized
- Excellent communication skills
At least 2 years experience as a people manager
- Previous experience as a software engineer
- Experience managing the delivery of software projects using Agile methodologies
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Income Protection & Group Life Insurance
- We’re remote-flexible, focussed on output rather than when and where you do the work from (although we do have a great central London location for those that prefer it!)
- A generous annual learning & development budget
- Free access to mental health services
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday days you can use as and when you prefer
- Season ticket loan
- Up to 12% Employer Pension contributions